Monday, April 8, 2013

IT'S A FIELD OF DREAMS AND HOPE FOR THIS AUTISM FAMILY



I was cleaning out the garage yesterday getting our therapy gym organized and ready for yet one more piece of equipment. I came across a couple of pictures that swooshed me back in time to years I just soon forget. On the other hand, those years I soooo long to forget, are years that changed our lives FOREVER!
The first picture (below) is Mitri, age four at Central Citrus Little League T-ball. Our little guy is the frail lookin' dude, back row, first one on the right with his arms crossed in front of him looking scared to death.


The next attempt at baseball, and playing well with others, was the very next year. (See below) Dimitri, age five, Central Citrus Little League. Yup, our boy's still the frail looking little dude, front row 2nd from the right.


It's now 2013. Mitri's age 12 and on Central Citrus' Little League Challenger Division! This is what my husband had to say. . .

Barry Switzer once said ... “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.”
My son Dimitri never had it that easy. He's had to face far tougher pitching. Sometimes the umpires have been a bit unfair. He has had to run against strong winds all the way there... But as this photo metaphorically shows ... He is going to make it safely to third base too.
And with his All-Star Mom batting cleanup, he is sure to be crossing the proverbial plate one day soon.

God I love that kid!'



Me, I just keep on sayin' "knock that autism out of the park and bring 'er on home Mitri!

No comments:

Post a Comment